Pregnancy Chiropractic In Rockledge
Pregnancy is a beautiful journey. Becoming a mother is one of the best experiences of your life. You should be able to enjoy your pregnancy while being as comfortable as possible. But, with all of the changes to your body, you may need a little bit of help along the way. Pregnancy chiropractic adjustments help you manage the aches, pains and discomfort that come along with your ever growing little one.
How can pregnancy chiropractic care help me?
- Pregnancy adjustments decrease your discomfort by addressing 3 major contributors to your pain: muscle, bone and ligament imbalance. Our goal is to create optimal pelvic balance.
- Labor times are shown to decrease by up to 50% in new mothers that receive regular prenatal chiropractic care.
- Correcting Sacrum (tailbone) misalignments may help optimize fetal positioning.
- Regular adjustments help reduce the nervous system stress on your body helping you sleep more comfortably.
- Overall chiropractic care helps you achieve your goal of a safer, easier and more natural birth.
Dr. Courtney provides her patients with specific prenatal chiropractic care. Her goal is to help you have a smooth and comfortable pregnancy. With lots of wiggle room for baby!
How safe is Pregnancy Chiropractic care?
Prenatal chiropractic care is safe for both mother and baby. There is no contact with the baby throughout treatment. Chiropractors with specific prenatal training recognize that increased ligament laxity should be taken into consideration for your adjustments. We utilize a more gentle approach to compensate for this.
How often do I need to be adjusted?
As a general standard of care biweekly adjustments are recommended until 32 weeks. At this time weekly adjustments are recommended. This is because increased ligament laxity affects your body’s ability to hold your adjustments between visits.
However, in more complicated cases more frequent care is required. Ex sciatica pain or fetal malpositioning. Treatment will be 2-3x a week until the condition resolves.